Today I put together a mock up version of what could potentially be my signature bag. I wanted a simple design that could work for many people with differing styles and tastes as it could easily be produced in an array of different fabrics from fur to mesh! As this is only a mock up I've kept costs to a minimum using just quarter of a metre of calico - the cheapest fabric I could find at only $3.19 per metre. As calico is a very flimsy material I decided to line the clutch with some interfacing to add structure to the bag. However if a heavier material such as leather or vinyl was to be used in the actual creation then this step wouldn't be necessary. A simple velcro closure was used for this particular mock up but ideally a magnetic clasp would be the closure of choice.
Now that I have a rough idea of what I would need to produce a final product I can put together a production cost grid;


No comments
Post a Comment