If you want to build a successful social media profile then it is important to know your audience in order to post content that suits your demographic. Today I will be taking a closer look at my Youtube Analytics as that's the social platform I am most interested in.
One of the simplest statistics is the age and gender of your viewers. As you can see below Youtube makes it very easy to distinguish who your biggest demographic is. Most of my subscribers are 18-24 years, so I can assume that that means I have a lot of college/university students watching me. Knowing this info allows me to produce more content that is suited to them - for example, college outfit ideas, budget fashion, internship outfits etc.
A very important stat is also where your demographic is from. As I live in Australia our seasons are opposite to all those in the northern hemisphere but if my main demographic is from America than I need to keep this in mind because if I keep making Summer videos in December they may lose interest.
One of the hardest things about social media is not producing the content but rather getting eyes on your content! Which is why I always like to check on my main traffic sources to get a better understanding on how my viewers are actually finding my channel. This allows me to see what my strongest points are. For example my main traffic stream comes from Youtube search, which tells me that I'm using the correct key words and titles that allows my videos to be picked up by the youtube algorithm and therefore come up on the search pages.
Lastly, I also like to look at my most popular videos as this shows me what my subscribers are most interested in so I can recreate something similar. I've found that my channel is becoming well known for my Celebrity Look for Less Series. I try to stay up-to-date with which celebrities are trending at the time so I can align my uploads, for example Ariana Grande recently released a brand new music video so I released my Ariana Grande video the same week. 



No comments
Post a Comment